Wednesday 22 February 2017

WOYWW #403: Yay, It's Half Term

Hello and welcome to the weekly sharing of the workdesk!  To find out more about this blog hop hosted by Julia, visit The Stamping Ground.  It's half term this week, so I have had a little more time to craft and share.  This week I have also made sure to include my friend's side of the desk; although our weekly get together was on Monday this week rather than the usual Tuesday.

You catch my desk this week just tidying up having finished a journal challenge for Junk Journal Junkies on Facebook.  The theme was purple, blue, silver and diamonds - for a step by step see HERE.  My friend was particularly proud of being so neat and tidy this week.  She spent the day using her new sets of Woodware stamps; paper piecing, heat embossing over Brusho/Pixie Powder backgrounds and adding detail with mica paints and watercolour pens.  She is really organised and has created her own colour swatch sheet for the pens as you can see.
This encouraged me to start doing the same for my new set of Aqua Tints.  I had tried out some of the colours on watercolour card, so punched out circles of colour and glued them to the tops of the relevant bottles.  Eleven down, twenty three to go, although the colours haven't photographed particularly well!
 









The last thing that I wanted to share are the crafty bargains that I managed to get from Aldi the other day.  Only £2.99 each, I couldn't believe my luck.  I only bought two of the four available as I was a little strapped for cash at the time, however I couldn't leave them there at that price.

No comments: